We made these super simple snacks in my Kids in the Kitchen after school cooking class. They were a huge hit, and are a healthy option to store bought caramel sauce.
1.Place coconut sugar, coconut cream and salt in a small sauce pan. Heat slowlywhile stirring to dissolve the coconut sugar.
2. Bring mixture to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes. The sauce will thickenfurther as it cools.
3. Take the saucepan off the heat. Spread a little sauce on a saucer (orsimilar) and place in the freezer for a few minutes. If the caramel doesn’t thicken (enough), simmer the sauce for a little longer.
4. Stir vanilla extract into finished caramel sauce.
5. Dip skewered grapes and apple chunks in caramel sauce.
6. Roll the caramel covered fruit in graham cracker crumbs.
7. Eat immediately or let set up in the fridge for a few minutes.