Last weekend I provided the food for Taspens Organics’ 1st Saturday Wellness Fair. This time the menu included:
- Cauliflower and Rutabaga Soup with garlic & Rosemary
- Lemon-Basil Marinated Veggies
- Tuna-less Tuna Salad (Vegan Tuna Salad)
And, last but certainly not least, A Tropical Millet Salad. The Millet salad stole the show. Everyone loved it, and I even saw many people put the millet salad with their soup!
Side note: If you’re ever free on the 1st Saturday of the month, head to Taspens for an awesome day of self-care, connection and joy.
Back to the salad…My food obsession for last week was roasted pineapple. I used it in the breakfast bake recipe that I shared last week, I used it in the tropical salad for Taspens, and I used it in a veggie packed wrap. It adds such a powerful punch of sweetness and an unexpected meaty texture. Plus, it goes really great with sriracha!!
Pineapple benefits include:
- Contain BROMELAIN! which suppresses coughs and loosens mucus, but is also great for inflammation.
- Tons of Vitamin C
- Contain Manganese which build healthy bones and connective tissue
- Anti-inflammatory properties alleviates the pain of arthritis, and improves carpal tunnel and gout
- Prevents Macular Degeneration with awesome amounts of beta carotene
I promised the Taspens family that I would share the recipe from the wellness fair in this week’s newsletter. This one is a Robyn Original and you know what that means – no exact measurements here. You’re just going to have to put your big girl/boy boots on and use your heart, soul and palate to guide you, but I promise it’ll be well worth it!
Tropical Millet Salad with Roasted Pineapple, Macadamia Nuts, Coconut flakes, and a Lime Agave Sauce & Mint
Pineapple, diced or chopped
1 cup millet
¼ cup macadamia nuts (or more)
1 lime, juiced
¼ cup agave nectar
Mint, to taste
Coconut chips, to taste
Dice pineapple and roast.
400 degrees for about 30ish minutes
Make millet. 1 cup millet to 2 cups water
Chop macadamia nuts.
Make Lime Agave sauce. Taste often! Squeeze the juice of 1 lime. (you might want to start with just ½ a lime juiced) Add ¼ cup Agave Nectar (you could add it gradually – keep tasting). Whisk.
Put it all together! Add coconut chips and chopped mint. Enjoy!